We went live this morning with the latest verison of YEM. This update sees a massive overhaul of YEM's backend - expect faster load times, quicker searches, more robust file uploads and a host of new features. Plus even better security.
Event Organiser Tool
Our new event organiser is here for your clients. This tool replaces the old event suppliers requests where booked clients were asked to enter the details of which other suppliers and venues they had booked for their event.
Now when you book a client, you decide when they should be a sent a link to their personalised event organiser. The organiser features smart searching, an easy-to-use interface and a personalised introduction from the team memmber assosciated with that client's event.
This new feature can be accessed when an event is marked as booked. Just head to an event, then click the "Event Suppliers" tab. You can add in suppliers you know the client has also booked - this will make it easier for them to confirm these bookings.
This iteration will make it easy for you to gather lists of who else will be working an event, complete with contact details. It gives your client the peace of mind all their suppliers are on the same page, and lets you know what to expect on the day of the event.
Updates and Fixes
We've spent the better part of the last month upgrading the fundamentals of the YEM app. This means better searching, faster loading and more cutting edge tech behind our tools. While this hasn't changed the app functionally, it will allow us to develop improvements faster and with more security.
After some deliberation we've finished integrating our search with Google's places API. This makes creating accounts easier and consequent sharing your contact information with other suppliers is far more reliable. As a part of this change, we're rolling out progressive updates to other searches within the app that adds "fuzzy" searching. This adds intelligence to searches so even if you don't spell what you want exactly, the search will still give you the right result. Neat, huh?
General Fixes & Updates
We've collected feedback and ideas from all of our users and implemented a lot of small changes and fixes, here's a brief list of the more prominent changes.
- Updated date pickers throughout app so they all look and function the same.
- Dug into the code behind the code behind the tab to correct some rare issues created during database upgrades.
- Added information tool tips for the main pages in the app - you can now click on the "i" icon next to the title of a page for some handy information.
- Event suppliers settings added to the settings page with updated slider action to offer different increments of time on the slider (i.e. 6 weeks+ options added).
- Fixed part of a problem that was causing some people's inboxes not to populate data. We've nabbed half of this problem but some users may still experience the issue, we're working on it ASAP!
- Adjusted the way [CLIENT_FIRST_NAME] attribute tags works in email templates. On rare occasions it was sending as the client's full name. We turned the templates on and off and it's working as it should.
- Changed "Response" drop down in the enquiry settings to "Confirmation Email" because... well... it's a confirmation email and life is complicated enough.